Sunday, February 15, 2015

You've got my number, Disney!

Do you guys like Buzzfeed?  I follow them on Facebook and SO enjoy the hilarious things they post.  My particular favorite is a series they have recently started called, "Weird Things Couples Do When….." It's a nice, quick thing to read or watch during lunch at school when I need a quick escape or something to take my mind off of all things kids.  YES!  Believe it or not, while I do love kids, I DO love that sacred 30 minutes a day when they are away!

Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments



Tonight, however, Buzzfeed posted something on Facebook that caught my attention with a cute picture of Nemo and Dory.  I do love me a good Disney animated film.  (Don't judge me!!! Or do….LOL!)  It was titled, "23 Profound Disney Quotes That Will Actually Change Your Life."  I'll be the judge of that, as I often think to myself.  :)  I opened.  I read.  I agreed with some, and not so much others.  But then one in particular jumped out at me and made me think of my professional life.  I don't think it changed my life, Buzzfeed, but it does pertain to my life!

I put in the particular picture and quote that spoke to me for you to see, and deleted it.  I put it in again.  And deleted it again.  I guess I'm not quite ready to post that feeling for the world to see JUST yet.  :)
I have decided I will just tell you that I AM grateful for the events that have led me to this point in teaching - the good things and the bad things, because those are the things that are creating my path and pointing me in the direction I want to go.  I have many goals for my future in education that I believe I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't experienced so much adversity along the way.  I also draw positive inspiration and ideas from bloggers I follow.  Two of my favorites are Step Into Second Grade by Amy Lemons and The First Grade Parade by Cara Carroll.  I love how uplifting they are.  If I saw one of them in real life, I'd have a crazy-fan moment.

Anyway, you should check out the Buzzfeed post and see if any of them speak to you.  Feel free to share with me! I'd love to hear your story!  What is your path?  Have you found yours yet? Maybe you are just getting started in education.  Maybe you are at the end of your path - that glorious thing I've heard of, retirement I think they call it??  What molded your career?

Enjoy your day off tomorrow!  It's birthday week for me, so we are taking the twins to see Sesame Street Live on Friday!  I'll let ya know how that goes.  You never can tell if a character will make them smile or scream like a Yeti is coming to get them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment